For week 3 of the Twelve Weeks of Christmas Cookies I decided to make these bad boys. I saw them over at Sinful Southern Sweets where she called them Bad Day Brownies. I would call them Bars of Pure Awesomeness! They are quite tasty and how could they not be. They are filled with these gems.
- 2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 Caramello bars (king size)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Measure flour. Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Melt butter. Add firmly packed brown sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Blend well. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well.
- Spread half of mixture in 9 x 13 inch pan. Break Caramello bars into scored pieces. Evenly space candy over bar mixture.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Amazing, don’t you think?
Abby Sweets is hosting this amazing blog hop. If you missed the previous weeks, hop on over to her blog and check out the amazing recipes. There are a ton of them so get your printer ready. You will be amazed! She also has a list of all the bakers/bloggers that are participating.
Now come see what everyone else has been baking up!