I can hardly believe we are already at week 9 of the 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies Blog Hop. This has been so much fun seeing everyone’s amazing creations. My stack of “to make” recipes is now huge but I can’t wait to start baking them all!
We still haven’t been doing much cooking at my house since my fall. The ankle is slowly getting better (thanks for all the well wishes) but it’s not quite up to me standing in the kitchen for any length of time. So thank goodness I baked these bad boys before I decided to through myself down the stairs. Am I a planner or what??? =o)
I would love to claim this recipe as my own but I can’t. Baking I can do. Creating a new recipe? That’s a different story. I rely on everyone else’s creativity and I just copy it. =o) So this idea came from Picky Palate‘s blog (which I absolutely love!) Here’s were a Halloween version so I changed this up a bit to make it more Christmas-y. It’s a great combination of flavors – shortbread (yum!), peppermint kisses and brownie. A trifecta of deliciousness!
* 9×13 brownie mix (and ingredients to make brownies)
* 2 sticks butter
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
* 1 3/4 cup flour
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* Hershey’s Kisses (I used the seasonal candy cane kisses – YUM!)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Make brownie mix according to package and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add flour and salt.
- Press shortbread mixture into a prepared 9×13 pan. (Line with tin foil and then spray with non-stick cooking spray.)
- Top shortbread mixture with Hershey kisses.
- Pour brownie mixture over top of kisses.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
They needed a little something so I melted some white chocolate and drizzled it over the top. What an amazing combination of flavors! The Candy Cane Kisses are peppermint so they added the right amount of flavor to these.
So now come check out what everyone else has been baking!
And don’t forget to check out the other great linky parties on my sidebar!