White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge & Week 11
December 10, 2010 by Erin
Every year at my work we do a Christmas Fudge Throwdown. The staff room is filled with different types of fudge and the staff vote for their favorite. It’s all in good fun but some of the staff get pretty into it. By some of the staff I mean me. I’m the one who starts the emails talking smack about everyone and telling them how I’m going to win again. I know. So unlike me, right? But I have to give them grief. I win every year. Yep, me! This was the winning recipe last year (so I’m making it again this year. It’s that good!) Doesn’t it look festive?
White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
* 4 cups sugar
* 1 can (12.5 oz.) evaporated milk
* 1 cup butter
* 1 bag white chocolate chips
* 1 pint (7.5 ounce) marshmallow cream
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* 1 bag Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
* In a large saucepan melt butter.
* Add sugar and milk.
* Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it reaches 236 degrees. Make sure you use a candy thermometer because the temperature is important. If it gets too hot it will harden too much. If it doesn’t reach 236 degrees it will be too soft to cut.
* Remove from heat and add chocolate chips, marshmallow cream and vanilla.
* Beat with a spoon until melted and blended.
* Fold in about 1/2 the bag of peppermint chips. (Have you seen these? They are amazing! I’m sure you could use chopped p candy canes if you wanted but I don’t like the hardness of the candy canes in baking. These chips are soft, like a chocolate chip almost.)
* Pour into a buttered 9 x 13 pan.
* Cool completely
How easy is that?
nd don’t forget to check out all the other amazing creations in the 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies Blog Hop. Week 11 already. Yoikes! Only one more week to go.
And all the great linky parties on my sidebar too!