Is it too early for Valentine’s Day things yet? Now that Christmas is over I’ve moved on. I’m ready for another holiday and more crafting. I’m not much of a Valentine’s Day person. I mean, I love doing crafts and things for my kids. But all the lovey dovey stuff makes me kind of vomit. Sad, right? Perhaps because I don’t have a Valentine and haven’t in, I don’t even remember how long. So when I see everyone blissfully happy and buying flowers, blech. I’m not much of a flower person either. Heck, buy me 6 pounds of See’s chocolates and I’m in heaven. They cost the same amount of money, right? And aren’t chocolates much more exciting? And delicious?!
But I got off topic. Back to telling your Valentine (or kids) they rock. Aren’t these adorable? I can say that because I didn’t make this craft up. I just stole it. So it’s not like I’m bragging or anything. Where did I find it? Over on the Family Fun website. It’s the best website for kid’s crafts. I just love it. And when I saw these Valentine ipods I knew my kids would flip over them.
They are easy to make. Here are the ingredients you will need.
* You can use a box of the Valentine heart candy things. I think those are seriously gross so we used Junior Mints. (I also bought Nerds and those worked great too.)
* 2 miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
* aluminum foil
* string (I used a thinker cord type string)
* colored card stock
– Cut 2 pieces of string around 14 inches long.
– Tape them onto the box of candy. I taped them to the back of the box on the first ipod but then taped them on the side of the others. It looked a little cooler on the side.– Cover the box with colored card stock.
– Tape the other ends of the string to a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup– Cover each Reese’s in aluminum foil– You can either print out your own “playlist” of songs and glue it to the front or you can download the one I used off of the Family Fun site.How cool is that? And on the back I wrote “Because You Rock!” (Because I’m just clever like that.) =o)
And don’t forget to enter my giveaway if you haven’t already!