Thank you for all the wonderful thoughts and prayers for my family. It’s been quite a week. Can you believe I haven’t baked anything in 2 weekends??? That’s got to be a record for us! Good thing I had this one done a couple of weeks ago…
How is it that most of my posts are of desserts? I mean, it’s not like we don’t eat other things. I do cook every day for my kids. Why don’t I post those things? I’ll work on that. But until then, I have another fantastic cookie bar recipe for you. I found this one in my Favorite name Brand Eagle Brand Cookies and Bars Cookbook. I also got the recipe for my Two-Tone Cheesecake Bars from this one and those were amazing. This one didn’t disappoint either. It was yummy!
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup cold butter, divided
3/4 cup chopped nuts (any kind)
24 caramels, unwrapped
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk.
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and egg. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts.
– Reserve 2 cups crumb mixture. Press remaining mixture firmly on bottom of greased pan. I used a 13×9 but then had to double this recipe. So next time I would use an 8×8 pan.
– In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt caramels and remaining 1/4 cup butter with sweetened condensed milk.
– Pour over crust. – Top with remaining crumb mixture.
– Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Chocolate Caramel Bars (this is what I made) –
Melt 2 (1 ounce) squares of unsweetened chocolate with caramels, sweetened condensed milk and butter. Proceed as directed above.