I told myself that I wasn’t going to make any sweets this weekend. Not that I don’t crave them daily. I just thought I’d spend the time cleaning instead of making another mess. Well, that went out the window as soon as I looked through my June/July issue of Taste of Home Magazine. They had a Red Velvet Crepe Cake that looked so cool. I just had to see if I could make it.
I’m not much of a Red Velvet cake person (sorry.) So I used what I had. A white cake mix and milk chocolate frosting. How easy is that!
- Make the cake mix according to the package.
- Heat a lightly greased skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of cake batter into skillet.
- Lift and tilt pan to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until top appears dry, turn and cook another 15 – 20 seconds.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Now frost a Cake “crepe” and add another cake “crepe” and repeat. You can make it as tall as you would like.
Pretty cool looking, don’t you think?