Seriously! Do I even need to say anything more about these brownies? They are awesome and that doesn’t even begin to describe how yummy they are! As soon as I saw them over on Forever Now and Then I knew, yes knew, I had to make these (and eat them all!)
- 1 pkg. brownie mix (13×9 size)
- ingredients to make the brownies (egg, water, oil)
- 1 box of Samoa Girl Scout Cookies
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Pre heat oven to 250. Make brownies according to package. Pour into a greased 13×9 pan. Bake for 18 min.
- Remove brownies from oven and top with chopped cookies and chocolate chips.
- Bake for10 more minutes or until brownies are done.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan combine butter, cream, sugar, corn syrup and salt. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Stir occasionally.
- Mixture will bubble and darken. Continue to watch and stir until temp. reaches 245 on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour over brownies.
- Set aside and cool.
I stored mine in the fridge so the caramel didn’t get warm and run. But seriously, these didn’t last long enough to really warm up too much =o)