As soon as I saw these over on Cookies and Cups I knew I was going to love them. But then I got busy with life (I hate it when that happens) and I didn’t have the time to make them. Now we have company coming into town. So I’ve been cleaning (blech) and making a couple of things to put into the freezer and I thought “oh man, I’d better make some desserts.” I was about to go to my favorite “for sure” recipes (our Triple Layer Brownies are always a hit!) but then I remembered I needed to get my posts done before company comes into town. Yikes! So I can’t make recipes that I already posted. But then it hit me… ohhh, dreamy Oreo brownies. Yeah!
* 1 box of brownie mix (the 9 x 13 size) and the ingredients to make the brownies according to the box.
* 1 (16 oz.) package of Oreos, coarsely chopped and divided into 3 piles (I used both the regular Oreos and the mint ones)
* 1 (8 oz.) tub of Cool Whip thawed and in the fridge (I used fresh whipping cream because I had it in the fridge)
* 1 (8 oz.) block of cream cheese, softened
* 2 cups powdered sugar
* 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
* 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
Prepare the brownie batter according to package directions. Fold in 1/3 of the chopped Oreos. Bake according to the directions.
Let the brownies cool completely.
In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until combined and smooth.
With a spatula, fold in the Cool Whip and 1/3 of the chopped Oreos.
Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the cooled brownies.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and vegetable oil until melted.
Spread evenly over the cream cheese layer.
Now sprinkle the remaining 1/3 chopped Oreos on top.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
I’m linking to the linky parties on my sidebar.